The Frosten
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surviving a Clanwar

+4
StylishJunk
mastermans5
bobrox
PerfectK!ll
8 posters

Go down

Surviving a Clanwar Empty Surviving a Clanwar

Post  PerfectK!ll Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:31 am

Hello all
since our forum was cleaned i'm going to make a new topic about this:
(i go this from the forums off BFH, its VERY usefull. u should read it xD)

Lead me Captain!

The tickets are ticking away, the enemy team has a 3-1 flag advantage, and the enemies are pushing harder and harder towards your last spawn.. Your team has to react quickly, or a loss will eventually be inevitable ..WHAT NOW? Have you ever felt stuck, unorganized, scattered, confused and lost in a game? This week I want to touch on a vital aspect of any team's success --- proper leadership/commanding and in game communication.
This genre and most team-based games require a lot of organization, execution and strategy, all of which come back to the leader of your team. Now I'm not saying successful teams are run on dictatorships; input from team members and a constant flow of communication often determine the success of proper in game leadership.
That being said, I want to give you all some feedback on how you can help make your leader's job easier. One of the biggest challenges of leading a team is trying to direct someone who is playing his own game. What does that mean? The person who goes off camping alone, walking around on the other side of the map, camping with his LR-SMG etc. This is the last kind of player you want to be, so let's spend some time brainstorming on how you can be an effective team player.

1.) Ask questions. This is the most simple step. Not sure what your team is doing? Ask. A simple "What are we doing right now?" will encourage your leader to speak up and plan out your next move. Not only will this better help you understand what to do, but it may also remind your leader to pull out some commands.

2.) Vocalize your individual actions. Instead of just spamming your CM on recharge, ask your team if anyone is low on health, and if not, save it until someone really needs it. (When to use CM based on visual impressions will come with experience; also, generally by judging of a player's movement and positioning you can easily tell if the player needs a heal/shield/leg-it.

If you are going to initiate with a Blasting Strike/Keg, say something, so that your team can support you with E.G Leg-it/IEG/Shield.

3.) Include your teammates into your actions. If you're calling strategies & tactics, it's often important to listen listen and include your teammates into the decisions. Perhaps they know something you don't, or they have some valuable input on possible other tactics & maneuvers.
4.) Inform. -Constantly- point out where you see enemies on the map. This will make your leader's job a LOT easier. He/she will be able to better maneuver your team through the map if they know where the enemies are at all times. This can easily be done by using 6th sense at the right times.

Other important things are to notify immediately if you're being backstabbed or seeing something suspicious monkey business going on. Don't be modest, however you shouldn't start shouting either.. (Or Grok will come and hunt you down...)

A very simple example can be everything from calling incoming Kegs, or hiding soldiers who have a blasting strike ready to blast your entire team off lookout.

PROTIP: If you do not have 6th sense/wallhack up, or if you're just suspecting that the enemy commando is capping your back-flag, open the Scoreboard(TAB), and see if his points are slowly ticking or not.

5.) Flow. All these steps drizzle down into one main concept, keeping a constant flow of communication. Your Skype, Ventrilo, Mumble or Teamspeak should never be quiet for more than a minute if you're playing a team game. If things get quiet, say something to get the flow going. This is something I have mastered too well, so I talk non-stop 24/7... Try, however, to keep the communication on-topic and don't lose focus.

Now as a leader, what do you do? While you should keep note of all of the above mentioned ideas, as a leader you are going to have some different goals as well.
1.) Respect. It doesn't matter how well you lead or how amazing your calls are; if your teammates have not grown to respect you or listen to you, then that is something you must aim to accomplish first! Make sure that as a leader, you are still listening to and involving your teammates so that you don't create a dictatorship.

2.) Knowledge. This is probably the most important factor of leadership. If you have poor map awareness and game sense, you're probably not going to be making the best calls in game. Make a habit of looking at the map more, watch clanwar footage/livestream videos, play/understand every kind of class in the game and take note of what kind of scenarios can turn around the pace of the game. (Leg-it + Synchronized blasting strike!)

3.) Research. While knowing your own team's play style and habits are important, knowing your enemies can be just as beneficial. You can learn a lot just by searching up their players, like possible team setup and weaknesses/strengths. This will help you plan and strategize the next time you're up against them.

It's also often important to take note of what type of players they have, and what type of team setup they're likely to take.
- Does the enemy team have an excellent sniper? Perhaps bring a sniper yourself, or utilize the lack of a support character to push their core team even harder! HOWEVER, it's important to make counter-tactics against flag-capping commandos or you will eventually lose by playing with a 1-3 flag disadvantage.

4.) Focus. You are the -one- person on the team who has to stay focused and motivated the entire game. If you start to give up, your team will fall with you. Don't get discouraged if someone on your team makes a mistake or fails at listening to a call. Do your best to recover and reconstruct.

- Personally I still struggle a lot with this point.. Shouting at a player won't make him improve. Try instead to give him some quick constructive feedback on what he has to do otherwise. If it still doesn't work then, a tactic change might be necessary. (E.G if your sniper constantly loses against the enemy sniper, which put you in a bad 3-1 flag situation. Then perhaps try to play more defensively and let the enemies push to you instead!)

5.) Creativity. This is something that most people fail to see importance in. A successful team is often known for something unique or distinct. You're having a hard time against a certain team; try to be creative and manipulate the enemies' weaknesses.

Examples:

#1 Your playing against a sniper, who constantly caps your spawnpoint which forces the entire team to back up, this creates a stall game, which the enemies eventually will win, what to do?

This is a problem I often come by, as I rarely play with snipers in my team. One of the best counters to this tactic, is to play proactively, and send your own gunner to cap the enemies flag instead! Gunners are the best commando hunters, especially with kegs, so he shouldn't have any problems taking back the flag, and possibly pushing in for the enemies flag. Be aware though, that the enemy team might collapse on you, so ALWAYS have an escape route, and communication is extremely important in this case.

If the enemy team collapses on you, then your own core team has a great chance at pushing, and possibly gaining a 3-1 flag situation, in your favor this time!

#2 Your team is playing with a sniper, while the enemy team doesn't. Your 4 man team, have problems against their 5 man team, and your team will eventually crack from the pressure.

I recently encountered this problem in a clanwar, and what we did was to change to a turtle tactic, which was pretty much to give up lookout (playing nats). Fall back to cliffs and hold it. Try and see if your sniper is able to pull out some kills now, especially because the enemies are pushed into a bad area with little cover, and the battles are changed to more long range fights. If this STILL doesn't work, then try to turtle (play defensively), at cliffs, avoid ANY deaths at all, and send your sniper to backyard. Often the enemy team sends back a gunner. (If they send back a soldier, then the commando should be able to take him out alone, pretty easily.) Exploit this situation and push like maniacs, while your sniper shoots the enemies in the back from mill, while the enemies still has a gunner at backyard. Works pretty much every time.

My tips on how each class should play in a clanwar.

Gunner

As a gunner, it's extremely important to be aggressive, not suicidal, but aggressive. Firstly as a gunner, you have the highest health and best getaway skills in the game; both shield and most importantly leg-it. With leg-it activated you can run in the front and easily dodging up to 75% of all the bullets, this makes you a perfect "dodgy" meatshield.

Another reason why it's important to be aggressive is IEG. If your standing at back of your team, and a keg goes off in the front, there's no chance you're gonna eat that. However, IEG is an extremely important gunner skill, and when it's activated, you leave yourself open to a lot enemy damage, mainly since you most likely won't be having leg-it up. So, to avoid canceling this skill for a tonic/shield it's important to be a bit more defensive when it's activated.

It's also important for the gunner to stay in front, because the enemy soldiers will merely waste their blasting strikes on the two gunners, while there's 3 other soldiers behind the gunners, ready to blast them if they try to push. (If your soldiers gets blasted away, your screwed.)

With the usage of abilities, i recommend just trying to analyze the situation, and see if you can share it with someone. E.G You just were blasted back, but you're the only one who's back there, in that case pop leg-it ASAP. However, if the entire team got blasted, it's vital that you wait those extra seconds so that you, and your ENTIRE team can push together. When im in a battle I use leg-it every time between cooldowns, and i try to share it with as many as possible.

Another good tip is to rush in before the soldiers, let the enemies waste their blasts on you, so that your soldiers can come in from behind and easily blast them all away.

It's also vital to keep communication between the IEG usage of the gunners. Tell when your using it, when it's down, when it's nearly ready, and possibly who should use it next time. YOU SHOULD NEVER EVER TRY TO PUSH/RUSH WITHOUT 1 IEG READY!

If you're rushing, coordinating IEG and Leg-it is vital. Let one gunner use IEG and the other use Leg-it. If none of has IEG ready, then wait until it is! (I recommend having 1 gunner with IEG lvl 5 in a team.)

Soldier

Soldiers most important tools are Blasting Strike and Combat Medicine. I usually don't care if my soldiers can't hit for not so good, but i require that every soldier uses those two skills wisely. I talked a bit about CM earlier, so I'll go a bit more in-depth explanation on blasting strike.

Blasting Strike and positioning is two extremely, equally important things in a clanwar. Bad positioning = bad blasting strikes. Soldiers should often try to stay right behind the gunners, but also try to avoid beeing in range of the enemies blasting strikes. A good example is CC, where the soldiers often can hide behind the house and the little boxes at the sides. Ducking there makes you usually completely immune to any blasts, which will allow you to blast the enemy team right down again.

There's one thing i really wanna stress on. DO NOT WASTE YOUR BLASTING STRIKES (e.g by using it when falling = bug and wont activate) or just by blasting someone for "fun". A really good example of this is that for example one of the gunners got in a great keg and managed to kill 2 of the enemies. The soldiers runs forward and suddenly they double, if not triple blasts the enemies, which of course results in pretty much saving their asses, instead of getting an easy 3x kills.

If a gunner suddenly rushes forward in the front, you have to judge the situation. Often you dont even need to blast the gunner, because what the gunner expects is that you will, so that the soldier can come in behind him. So, by waiting with the blast he will often die due to being focused down by all the players. Although, be carefull, if the gunner is getting support you might just get blasted, and lose the flag.

Other than that, use 6th sense and keep communicating!

Commandos

My experience here is rather limited, but it's not that difficult.

Most importantly for a commando is map-overview. Knowing when to cap, and when to attack is somethig that comes by experience, but never get stuck JUST capping flags, and NEVER EVER, should you allow the enemies to get 3-1 flag. Remember to check leaderboard for ticking points (mando capping a flag) and always make sure you have an escape route clear, incase the enemy mando spots you or something.

All the credits go to MassiveImpulsa <- Epic player : http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/forum/showthread.php?tid=176867
PerfectK!ll
PerfectK!ll

Back to top Go down

Surviving a Clanwar Empty Re: Surviving a Clanwar

Post  bobrox Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:00 pm

as long as you have one flag, you can win unless u die a ton.

bobrox

Back to top Go down

Post  mastermans5 Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:10 pm

i already know this from my last 2 clans.....

mastermans5

https://www.youtube.com/mastermans6

Back to top Go down

Post  StylishJunk Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:26 am

bobrox wrote:as long as you have one flag, you can win unless u die a ton.
But when u cap a flag u get 2/3 points

StylishJunk

Back to top Go down

Post  PerfectK!ll Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:13 am

mastermans6 wrote:i already know this from my last 2 clans.....
Can be but just for sure ;p it can help other players
PerfectK!ll
PerfectK!ll

Back to top Go down

Surviving a Clanwar Empty :scratch:

Post  spliiinterman Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:14 am

yeah its all good to know but when do we have clan war scratch

spliiinterman

Back to top Go down

Post  PerfectK!ll Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:15 am

We will soon have a clanwar ;p
PerfectK!ll
PerfectK!ll

Back to top Go down

Post  snilloswe1 Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:32 am

do you like joey perfectkill? I am his friend in bfh!!!!!! Very Happy

snilloswe1

Back to top Go down

Post  PerfectK!ll Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:36 am

hmm kinda i like his palystyle xD
PerfectK!ll
PerfectK!ll

Back to top Go down

Post  snilloswe1 Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:00 am

can I be in the next clanwar if I get a new headset??

snilloswe1

Back to top Go down

Post  .:Jeremy:. Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:03 am

It would be great if I can participate in a clanwar, but we must be National then. I have a lack of Royals of level 23+

.:Jeremy:.

Back to top Go down

Post  snilloswe1 Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:41 am

I played 3 clanwars before and I am pretty skilled in CWs Wink I play the leader roll sometimes and I am pretty good as flanking gunner. I am pro with soldier :DDD

snilloswe1

Back to top Go down

Post  ScorneoTheAvenger Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:23 am

Why bother? You will lose all your clan wars anyways... Unskilled wannabe clan

ScorneoTheAvenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: